Merck Employees Federal Credit Union was chartered on June 5, 1936 to assist Merck employees who were experiencing financial difficulties following the depression. The first meeting of officials was held on June 12, 1936 in Rahway, New Jersey, with the first paid staff member hired in 1940 in Rahway, New Jersey. In the first 10 years assets grew to over $460,000, and by 1951 assets reached $1 million. In 1985, assets grew to $100 million, and today we have exceeded the $1.9 billion mark and still growing. The first branch was opened in Woodbridge and today there are a total of 5 sites serving our members. Various electronic services and technologies have been added over the years which make carrying on business with us as easy and convenient as possible.
To make you, our members, better off for having done business with us.
- The Credit Union never accepts the status quo
- The Credit Union's financial condition remains sound
- Nearly all Merck employees use the Credit Union as their primary financial institution
- The quality of service is unparalleled
- Electronic access is the Credit Union's mode of choice to connect members worldwide
- Members may obtain loans through automated lending
- Highly motivated professional employees provide guidance and education to the membership