Dear Valued MEFCU Member,
SEE BOTTOM OF LETTER FOR LATEST NEWS ON BRANCH ACCESSIBILITY.
On behalf of everyone at Merck Employees Federal Credit Union, I wish you the best during these challenging times as we all adjust to everyday life with the Coronavirus pandemic.
Please be assured that your credit union is fully functional and continues to process transactions and provide exceptional member service. As we work to do our part in adhering to social distancing, please take advantage of our remote services wherever you can. Below is a quick rundown of the many ways you can conduct business remotely:
- Online Banking. Please visit www.merckcu.com and log on to online banking to pay bills, transfer money, check balances and more.
- Mobile Check Deposit. Download the MEFCU mobile banking application and not only can you do everything you can do with online banking, but you can take advantage of Mobile Check Deposit and take a picture of your check and deposit it into the credit union. This is a safe, fast way to get your check to us.
- Bill Pay. You can utilize online banking and the mobile app to pay any of your bills. What many members don’t realize is that you can also use Bill Pay to send a check to an individual. Instead of mailing someone a check, you can simply enter them into Bill Pay and the system will mail them a check.
- Getting Cash. At times like these, some consumers seek to withdrawal large amounts of cash. Unless there is a pressing need, we always recommend members do not keep large amounts of cash in their home or on their person. Instead, withdraw cash as needed. There are many easy ways to do so. Not only can you access the credit union’s ATMs but you can also access any of the more than 30,000 CO-OP Network ATM machines. Another way to access cash is when checking out at a store using your debit card, you can often get a limited amount of cash back from the retailer. Rather than withdrawing large amounts of cash, there are many ways to get smaller amounts as needed.
- Apply for a Mortgage. We are in a period of low rates and many members are looking to take advantage by refinancing their current mortgage or applying for a new first mortgage. Your credit union offers an attractive mortgage program that you can apply for by visiting us online at Mortgage Central.
- Apply for Any Other Loan. You do not need to visit a branch to apply for a loan. You can simply log on to home banking and click Apply for Loan in the eServices box.
- Large Transactions. We continue to process mortgage, auto and other major loan closings through the wire process. Do note you can initiate wires at the credit union to move money should you need to.
- To wire in funds to your accounts at Merck EFCU, please click here for the instructions.
- To complete a domestic wire out of your Merck EFCU accounts, please click here.
- To complete a domestic wire out of your Merck EFCU accounts using our mail document (which needs to be notarized), please click here for the form.
- Credit Card Access. As a reminder a few months ago we launched a 24/7 credit card line to answer questions about your credit card. You can reach that line at 800-599-7889. You can also log on to your credit card account at ezcardinfo.com.
- Get in Touch With Us. If you need to contact us please call 732-594-3317, but please note we also have a secure 24/7 online system for you to electronically send questions. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE ADDRESSED THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY. Click here to make an inquiry.
Finally, please note that while most of our branches are operating under normal hours, that is subject to change quickly. As of today the lobby of our branch at 397 Upton Place in Rahway, NJ will be closed, but the drive-thru lane will be open as will the ATM in the vestibule. The Upton Place will also close now on Thursdays at 4:00 Thursdays instead of 6:00 p.m. The Elkton, Va. branch will be closing to members the week of March 23rd, likely by Wednesday March 25th, so we urge members if they have transactions that must be done in-person to visit the Elkton, Va. branch by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Do note that just about any transaction can be done remotely. The Elkton, Va. publicly accessible ATM will still be available during the closure. If you need assistance, contact us at 732-594-3317.
Thank you for your membership and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.