Annual Scholarship Application Now Available!
Each year, the Merck Employees FCU gives out six, $5,000 scholarships to assist members in paying for higher education. The application and further details will be available on the website soon. Applications should be completed online and should include copies of high school transcripts including GPA, class rank (if available) and test scores (SAT, ACT, etc.).
This year's program will be completed electronically. Applicants can complete the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts, test scores, and teacher recommendations should also be submitted to the same email address.
- Applicants or their parents/guardians must be members in good standing with the credit union to submit an application.
- Copies of transcripts and test scores (if available) are acceptable.
- Not all schools require SATs or ACTs. If you are not required to take the tests, please note that on your application.
- Applications are fillable PDFs. Please complete the applications using Acrobat or similar program. This assists in scoring applications as not everyone has the most legible penmanship.
- Applications are due on March 3, 2023. NO EXCEPTIONS
- The credit union uses an independent auditing firm to review and score applications. This is what makes the deadline so important.
- Essays should be 500 words or fewer.
Questions regarding the scholarship program can be submitted to email@example.com.
We recommend essays be 500 words or fewer. For your convenience, the essay topic is below:
One of the unique aspects of the not-for-profit credit union system is that the board members of credit unions are themselves volunteers elected from the membership. This ensures credit union policy is set by people who have a vested interest in the credit union, yet they are not financially compensated. This volunteer model is ideal for creating policies that are in the best interest of the entire credit union membership. In the credit union system volunteerism is vital, but it’s also vital in many other areas in our country today, including helping the those in need, cleaning the environment, and many other areas. Please explain why you think volunteerism matters and what could be accomplished if more Americans volunteered their talents and time to help important causes.
Paying for College
Use our resources to understand ways to plan and pay for college.Explore Paying for College